Our Ice Skating event has been postponed ... Once we have a new confirmed date, we will notify everyone!!!
Entries in #CBJ (14)
Join us TONIGHT at King Avenue 5, 945 King Avenue, Columbus, 43212 as our Columbus Blue Jackets kick the Blues. We'll be in the side room up front and they're throwing in a few appetizers to share to get us started. Pregame is at 7:30 and puck drops at 8 pm - join us early and save your seat! The Serious Sports Fans‘ destination, King Avenue Five is the best Sports Lounge in the Grandview & Arlington area. Their extensive menu features a great array of American fare made to order using only the freshest ingredients. The friendly staff will make your dining experience fast, fun & unforgettable. A great wine list, an offering of over 50 beers and all your favorite call drinks add up to something for everyone’s taste. We'll have door prize giveaways and raffles to make the evening complete!
Jacket Backer Meeting, July 25, 2013, 6:30 PM, Dan's Brick Lined Patio.
1. Krum Park playground was built earlier in the day. Jacket Backer members, Julie Maurer, Chris Hapanowicz, Bharati Jayanthi and Brian Schooley, were in attendance. Some met director of park, Tomica. Some Krum Park volunteers also weeded a community garden near by. Jacket backers would like to contribute more. The event was on the Channel 4 news. Also in attendance was former Blue Jacket player Jean-Luc Grand Pierre as well as Marcus Stephenson, CBJ Director of Digital Media, and John Davidson, President of Hockey Operations. Karen Davis, CBJ director of communications, thanked Jacket Backers personally for being there.
2. Transition: Tom, JB Technical Chair, will move previous officer emails to new emails.
3. Jason, JB Vice President, will be the liason to other NHL fan clubs. Jason's job is also responsible for preparing agenda for each meeting.
4. Secretary: Meeting Next Wednesday July 31, 2013 7:15pm planned to finish updating the Bylaws to provide an official one for the club.
5. Treasurer: We have 512 members for season ending August 31 and ~264 members for 2013/2014.
6. Activities: Cannonfest August 18th B-Dub Bethel 1:00-4:00 PM. Raffles, 50/50 raffle There will be Videos. Block parties have gone well, given away prizes and talked to people about Jacket Backers. August 6th, is in Powel. Keith and Chris volunteered to help. R-bar Hockey Memorabilia Mart 2013 Sunday August 25th, 1-5pm (will open at 11AM) R-bar is remodeling and will have some of their memorbialia for sale. People can donate or sell on consignment with 25% to JB. Or rent a table for $25. Pick up any items not sold by 5 pm or it becomes Jacket Backer property. Jacket backers did sponsor a hole at the R-Bar Annual Golf Tournament benefiting the ALS Foundation on July 26th. Jacket backers are excited that there are many more opportunities for game watching parties dues to more games are in the eastern time zone this year.
7. Communications/Social Media- Michelle Harklau: If anyone needs anything written/published, let her know. Deadline is Mondays for email for blast out Tuesdays or Wednesdays planned weekly during season and as needed in Summer
8. Community Service (Chris Hapanowicz): Jacket backers have Adopted a Highway near Hudson and North Broadway mile marker 112 & 114. More discussion of the Krum Park gardens, money was approved to purchase mulch and/or plants to help with the community gardens. Let Chris know if you are interested in working the Presidents Cup. For more suggestions of community service activities email Community_Service@JacketBackers.org.
9. Technical – Transitioning from Facebook groups to just the Facebook page.
10. Travel Chair, TJ, was looking volunteers to help call. Planning road game trips.
11. Janice – Officer at large: Obtained player signatures on hats and pucks at draft party for use in future Jacket Backers events.
12. Next meeting August 22nd 6:30 pm, Jason will find a location for us.
Join or Renew your Jacket Backers for the 2013-2014 Season and be entered to win Team Signed Prizes!!!
Join or Renew by the end of the FINAL Stanley Cup Game (Date TBD) and be entered to win a Team Signed White Mini Helmet!
Join or Renew by the end of the NHL Draft (Sunday, June 30, 2012) and be entered to win a Team Signed Mini Acrylic Hockey Stick!
Join or Renew by the end of the 2013-2014 Regular Season Home Opener (Date TBD) and be entered to win a Team Signed Steet Sign!
The Make CF History Charity Classic is an adult amateur hockey tournament that raises money and awareness for the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Players from around the country come together for an exciting weekend of hockey, fun and fund-raising. Each team will play 3 round-robin games, culminating in a play-off game based on seedings from the round-robin games.
For more information, please click here to visit the Central Ohio Chapter's page!
If you are interested in volunteering, please E-Mail Alison Lukan at email@example.com.
Tentative Schedule TBA of events for the CDTU on Saturday, August 3rd, 2013
The location is "Bar Louie", 314 11th... Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37203
Please RSVP and let us you will be attending this event.
The Jacket Backers are sponsoring a Blood Drive at Memorial Baptist Church on Saturday, June 8th!
Join us at 2435 Eakin Road, Columbus, OH 43204 from 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
To schedule, head to the website here or email Kelly Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Chris Tucker at (937) 642-5000.
Double red donor slots available, but are limited, so don't delay!
All donors will automatically be entered in the Jacket Backers raffle for Blue Jacket memorabilia.
The need for blood is constant and only volunteer donors can fulfill that need for patients in our community. Nationwide, someone needs a pint of blood every 2 to 3 seconds and most of us will need blood in our lifetime.
As well, if you are planning on attending and would like to bring a snack to share at the refreshments table, you are welcome to do so.
Please contact Kelly Patterson at email@example.com to volunteer at the drive and to let her know if you'll be bringing a snack.
The American Red Cross and the Jacket Backers Thank You for giving the gift of life.
We are seeking donations of reading material for Ohio Health Hospitals for patients and family members. Items needed: Books, Coloring Books, Crosswords or Puzzle Books, New or Used Magazines (not too old please!).
If you have anything appropriate to donate, please bring to the next scheduled game watching party on Thursday, April 25, 2013 (Buffalo Wild Wings (Powell), 3878 Attucks Dr., Powell, OH 43065). We will also be accepting monetary donations at the Game Watching Party to purchase items!
Please contact Kelly Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to donate or have any additional questions!
Location: Bob Evans, 3140 Olentangy Road, Columbus Ohio, 43202
- President thanked everyone for attending.
- Secretary: 2006 Bi-Laws with 2008 amendment were put into electronic form. Working in committee to update.
- Asst Treasurer: Periodically verifying Jacket Backer accounts.
- Membership New Membership cards design was reviewed. Free High School playoff tickets were offered to members.
Activities chair: Members skate event date changed to 4/24/2013, 6-9PM. Tour postponed until offseason. Jacket Backer members plan to join #CBJBWW game watching parties. (4/21/2013 update: last one is 4/25/2013 at BWW, 3878 Attucks Drive, Powell, 8:30 PM at Dallas).
Travel: St. Louis trip – The bus was cancelled. A block of tickets was committed. Eighteen (18) people attended. Detroit trip - There were 28 people on the bus. Six (6) people bought tickets only. Nashville – There were 49 people. Feed back from a member in attendance: “had a great time on the Detroit trip!” T.J was nominated for travel chair, seconded, accepted by T.J. Vote was unanimous.
Community Service: Ohio health coloring books/magazines, $100 proposed to pay toward buying some, motion, seconded, and voted unanimous. Donation to Hockey fights Cancer was suggested. $200 was proposed, seconded. Approved.