Jacket Backer Meeting, July 25, 2013, 6:30 PM, Dan's Brick Lined Patio.
1. Krum Park playground was built earlier in the day. Jacket Backer members, Julie Maurer, Chris Hapanowicz, Bharati Jayanthi and Brian Schooley, were in attendance. Some met director of park, Tomica. Some Krum Park volunteers also weeded a community garden near by. Jacket backers would like to contribute more. The event was on the Channel 4 news. Also in attendance was former Blue Jacket player Jean-Luc Grand Pierre as well as Marcus Stephenson, CBJ Director of Digital Media, and John Davidson, President of Hockey Operations. Karen Davis, CBJ director of communications, thanked Jacket Backers personally for being there.
2. Transition: Tom, JB Technical Chair, will move previous officer emails to new emails.
3. Jason, JB Vice President, will be the liason to other NHL fan clubs. Jason's job is also responsible for preparing agenda for each meeting.
4. Secretary: Meeting Next Wednesday July 31, 2013 7:15pm planned to finish updating the Bylaws to provide an official one for the club.
5. Treasurer: We have 512 members for season ending August 31 and ~264 members for 2013/2014.
6. Activities: Cannonfest August 18th B-Dub Bethel 1:00-4:00 PM. Raffles, 50/50 raffle There will be Videos. Block parties have gone well, given away prizes and talked to people about Jacket Backers. August 6th, is in Powel. Keith and Chris volunteered to help. R-bar Hockey Memorabilia Mart 2013 Sunday August 25th, 1-5pm (will open at 11AM) R-bar is remodeling and will have some of their memorbialia for sale. People can donate or sell on consignment with 25% to JB. Or rent a table for $25. Pick up any items not sold by 5 pm or it becomes Jacket Backer property. Jacket backers did sponsor a hole at the R-Bar Annual Golf Tournament benefiting the ALS Foundation on July 26th. Jacket backers are excited that there are many more opportunities for game watching parties dues to more games are in the eastern time zone this year.
7. Communications/Social Media- Michelle Harklau: If anyone needs anything written/published, let her know. Deadline is Mondays for email for blast out Tuesdays or Wednesdays planned weekly during season and as needed in Summer
8. Community Service (Chris Hapanowicz): Jacket backers have Adopted a Highway near Hudson and North Broadway mile marker 112 & 114. More discussion of the Krum Park gardens, money was approved to purchase mulch and/or plants to help with the community gardens. Let Chris know if you are interested in working the Presidents Cup. For more suggestions of community service activities email Community_Service@JacketBackers.org.
9. Technical – Transitioning from Facebook groups to just the Facebook page.
10. Travel Chair, TJ, was looking volunteers to help call. Planning road game trips.
11. Janice – Officer at large: Obtained player signatures on hats and pucks at draft party for use in future Jacket Backers events.
12. Next meeting August 22nd 6:30 pm, Jason will find a location for us.